Netflix, Inc., or simply Netflix, is an over-the-top streaming service offering subscription-based videos, award-winning TV shows, thrilling documentaries, hit movies, anime, and more on thousands of internet-connected devices.
This American media service is renowned for its awe-striking original programs like Money Heist, You, Sex Education, etc.
To watch Netflix on your TV-connected streaming devices such as Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, or Android TV, make sure you subscribe to a suitable plan. Then, install the Netflix app and connect your TV to your Netflix account at netflix.com/tv8 using an 8-digit activation code.
Here are the universal steps to activate Netflix on your device using the code displayed on your TV screen –
- On a computer or mobile device, launch your favorite web browser.
- In the URL bar, type netflix.com/tv8 and press the enter key.
- Now enter the 8-digit code in the given field.
- After entering the code, click Continue.
- Sign in to your Netflix account and click Start Watching.
You are now signed in to your Netflix account on your streaming device.
What is netflix.com/tv8?
“Netflix.com/tv8” is the official URL for activating Netflix on various devices such as smart TVs, gaming consoles, streaming media players, etc. This process links your device to your Netflix account, allowing you to start streaming your favorite TV shows and movies.
To sign into Netflix on your device, you need to enter the activation code shown on your TV into the Netflix.com/tv8 page and sign into your Netflix account. Once you have completed these steps, your device will be linked to your Netflix account, and you can start streaming content.
Guide to Activate Netflix.com on Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, & Android TV 
Activating the Netflix app on your desired streaming device can be staged as a three-part process –
- Downloading and Installing the Netflix App.
- Generating an activation code.
- Activating the Netflix App at netflix.com/tv8.
Before moving to the activation steps below, make sure to consider the following prerequisites:
- Remember your Netflix account credentials. Refer to the FAQs section if you don’t have a Netflix subscription.
- Check your internet connection. Pause/Stop any download or streaming to get better speed.
- Update your Streaming Device/Smart TV to the latest version.
- Have a phone or pc handy to access the netflix.com tv8 activation URL.
Now that you have the above prerequisites handy let’s know how to activate the Netflix app on your preferred streaming device.
The Netflix app is available in the Roku Channel store under the Movies & TV category. Follow the steps below to add and activate Netflix on Roku.
- Get to the Streaming Channels section on your Roku device.
- Here, select the Search option and find the Netflix app.
- When found, select the app from the search results.
- On the next screen, tap the Add channel button.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your Roku device.
- Once added, tap the Go to Channel option to open the app.
- Inside the app, select Sign in and choose Sign In from Web.
- You will see an 8-digit sign-in code on your TV screen.
- Now, visit netflix.com/tv8 on a computer, phone, or tablet.
- Enter the sign-in code displayed on your TV and click Continue.
- Sign in to your Netflix account and click Start Watching.
You can now watch your favorite Netflix originals and movies on Roku TV.
Activate Netflix.com TV8 on Android TV
While some Android TVs come with the pre-installed Netflix app, if your TV doesn’t have it, you can easily install and activate it by following these steps.
- Navigate to Apps > Play Store on your Android TV.
- In the Play Store, search for the Netflix app.
- Click on the Install button to download & install the app to your Android TV.
- Once installed, tap the Open option to launch the Netflix app.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get an activation code.
- Open netflix.com/tv8 on a web browser to link your Netflix subscription to your Android TV.
- Enter the code and sign in using your Netflix account credentials.
Your Android TV is now linked to your Netflix account.
Netflix Activation on Apple TV using Sign-in Code
If you have an Apple TV with iOS 14.0 or above, you can watch your favorite Netflix movies, series, originals, and more. Refer to the steps below to install and activate the Netflix app on Apple TV –
- Head over to the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
- Use the search box to find the Netflix app.
- Next, select the app from the search results.
- Tap the Get button to download and install the Netflix app on your Apple TV.
- After installation, launch the app to get a unique sign-in code.
- Open netflix.com/tv8 on a web browser or scan the QR code shown on your TV.
- Enter the code in the provided fields and click the Continue button.
- If prompted, sign in to your Netflix account.
After successful verification, your Apple TV screen will refresh, and you can now access the Netflix app.
Netflix.com tv8 Sign in on FireStick
Before following the activation instructions below, ensure your Amazon Fire TV device has the latest OS version installed. To check updates on your Fire TV, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for System Update section.
If updates are available, follow the on-screen instructions to install them on Fire TV. However, if your Fire TV is already up-to-date, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Find section on your Fire TV and search for the Netflix app.
- Press the Get button to install the app.
- After installation, launch the Netflix app to sign up with a TV code.
- Your TV screen will display an 8-digit unique code along with instructions and a QR code.
- Scan the QR code using your phone camera or visit netflix.com/tv8.
- On the activation page, enter the code and click Continue.
- If asked, sign in using your Netflix credentials. If you don’t have an account, click Sign up now to create one.
If successful, your Fire TV will refresh and allow you to start streaming videos and TV shows.
How to Activate Netflix using netflix.com/activate
You can also activate Netflix on your streaming device, like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon FireStick TV, Smart TV, etc.
- After you spot an activation code on the TV screen, go to netflix.com/activate on a web browser.
- Sign in with Facebook or Netflix login credentials.
- Then, enter the activation code displayed on the TV screen.
- Click the Activate button.
Your streaming device is now connected to your Netflix account.
Netflix.com/tv8 code not working – Troubleshooting Tips
Do you see the following message on your TV screen – That code wasn’t right. Try again. It is just that you have entered an invalid code. Here’s what you can do to eliminate this and complete the activation process.
- Code expired: Ensure you enter the code on the official activation URL – netflix.com/tv8. However, if the problem persists, it is most likely that your activation code has expired. Remember that the sign-in code provided by Netflix is time-sensitive. It would be best to use them right away to avoid such errors.
- Unplug the device from power: First, turn off your device, unplug it, and wait for at least 30 seconds. Then, plug it in again and repeat the above activation process. Next, generate another activation code and enter it on netflix.com/tv8.
- Use a separate device: Few people pay attention to this not-so-trivial point. Access the activation page on a different device (computer or phone).
- Delete Cache and Cookies: How often do you clear cookies and cache files from your browser? Make it a habit if you are not doing it regularly. Temporary files might be preventing you from completing the task. So, delete cookies and cache files and repeat the activation process.
How can I subscribe to Netflix?
You can subscribe to Netflix by visiting their website, Netflix.com, and creating an account. Select a plan that best fits your needs, and provide payment information to complete the subscription process. You can also subscribe to Netflix through a device that supports the Netflix app, such as a smart TV, gaming console, streaming media player, or mobile device.
Here are the detailed steps for the same:
- Visit netflix.com, enter your email address, and click the Get Started button.
- Then, enter a password and click the Next button.
- Select a desired plan from the given option and click the Next button.
- After selecting the plan, pay with your Credit or Debit Card/PayPal/Gift Code.
- After making payment, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the subscription process.
Your Netflix account is now active with the chosen subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access Netflix if I don’t have the mobile app?
If you have a valid subscription to Netflix but don’t have its mobile app, you can access its content online on netflix.com using a compatible mobile browser.
How can I Sign in to my Netflix Account?
– Visit the Netflix sign-in page.
– Enter your email or phone number and password, and click the Sign In button.
– Once logged in, you can watch desired content on Netflix.
What should I do if I Can’t Sign in to my Netflix Profile on a Specific Device?
If you cannot sign in on a particular Smart TV or Streaming device, here are the top troubleshooting tips to follow –
– Verify your registered email and password.
– Sign in using netflix.com/tv8 or scan the QR code using your mobile camera.
– Reset the password.
– Clear the app cache if possible. Otherwise, uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
– Improve your Wi-Fi signal or restart your home network.