Needless to say, video games have taken the world by storm. Also known as computer games, they have come a long way since their inception in the 1950s and 1960s. Today, people have no shortage of fantastic video games to play independently or with friends and colleagues.
Rocket League is a popular vehicular soccer video game developed by Psyonix in 2015 for Windows and PS4. It is a sequel to a 2008 video game, i.e., Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars.
If you like competitive multi-player video games, you will have many reasons to fall for Rocket League.
To play Rocket League on your favorite gaming platforms, such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, or Steam, you need to purchase the game, create an account, and link the account with your device at rocketleague.com/activate.
Go through this guide to learn how to activate Rocket League on your favorite gaming console.
Prerequisites to Link Rocket League Account
The following must-have requirements will speed up the activation process.
- Reliable internet connection.
- An account with Epic Games.
- Compatible gaming console.
- A second device to access the rocketleague/activate link.
Rocketleague.com Activate on Gaming Devices 
The cross-platform progression of Rocket League is only possible when you have an Epic Games Account. Therefore, the first step of the activation process is to create or sign in to an existing Epic Games Account.
To know how to link your Rocket League account to an Epic Games account, follow the steps provided below:
- To begin with, launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit rocketleague.com/activate.
- Click the Login button to link your Epicgames account.
- It will now prompt you to choose a sign-in method. (If you don’t have an Epic Games account, click Sign Up.)
- Select a method you want to use to log into your Epic Games account and enter the sign-in credentials.
- Now, you will see all the already connected external accounts in the Epic Games Account Portal.
- To link any additional device on which your play Rocket League, like PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Switch, click Login and Connect.
- Review the information and click Link Account.
- Enter the email address & password and click the Sign in button.
- Press Yes to permit Epic Games to access your info.
- Once you have completed adding all the accounts, click Next.
- Now, select a Primary Platform and click on Preview.
- All the linked platforms will use your primary platform’s level, ranks, and Rocket Pass progress. (Make sure you select the platform with the most progress and highest competitive rank.)
- Click Confirm after reviewing all the accounts linked to your Rocket League accounts.
You have successfully linked your Rocket League account. You can now share your Rocket League items, progression, rank, and inventory across all platforms.
Note: Balances related to Credit and Esports tokens will stay associated with each device as they cannot be transferred. In the future, if you wish to change the primary platform, visit rocketleague.com/activate. You can only change your primary platform once a month.
How to link your Rocket League account (already linked with another Epic Games account)?
You may likely come across the following error message while linking or connecting your platform to your Epic Games account –
“Sorry, but this PSN account has already been associated with another Epic Games account.“
Make sure you follow the steps carefully to overcome this issue –
- Open epicgames.com/login on a web browser.
- Click the appropriate sign-in option and enter the required login details.
- After signing in to your Epic Games account, you can unlink the platform from your Epic Games account.
- Once unlinked, access rocketleague.com/activate.
- Click Log In > Sign In With Epic Games.
- Now to link your Rocket League account, click Login and Connect.
- Once the platform is connected, you are ready to change your Primary Platform.
Stuck at home and feeling lonely? You may like to try your hands at video games. This is an excellent opportunity if you haven’t played Rocket League on your favorite platform yet.
Don’t forget to create an account after purchasing the Rocket League game and link it at the rocketleague/activate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I set up a Primary Platform?
To set up a Primary Platform, visit rocketleague.com/activate and log in to your Epic Games account. Remember that your Primary Platform is your source of progression for all your connected platforms.
What is the cost of playing Rocket League?
Rocket League is free to play and can be downloaded from the Epic Games Store.
What will be the benefit of linking a platform to the Epic Games Account?
As soon as you link a platform to the Epic Games account, you will unlock the Chopper EG Wheel.
Is it mandatory to have an Epic Games account to play Rocket League?
Unless you create an Epic Games account or log into your existing Epic Games account, you cannot play Rocket League on your gaming console or PC.